The Knowledge Transfer Group has introduced a fund to support and develop knowledge transfer activities at CERN.
In order to be considered for funding, projects should meet the following conditions:
- The project proposal must be approved by the Department Head;
- The salary cost of staff members involved in the project are covered by the Department;
- The project is based on a CERN technology;
- The Intellectual Property (IP) required to execute the project is owned or co-owned by CERN and there is no conflict over the IP required to execute the project.
How to submit a project
Projects proposals must be submitted to the KT Fund committee using the KT fund submission form covering the following elements:
- The CERN technology on which the project is based
- Schedule and key milestones
- Organization (roles and responsibilities, key competencies)
- Overall financial planning and requested budget
Market potential or user community:
- Field of application
- Competing technologies
- Identified and/or potential commercial partners, identified user community
Project holders may request the support of KT experts in market analysis and to help assess the dissemination potential of the related technology.
To request support, please write to KT-Fund@cern.ch
In 2014 two KT Fund Selection Committee Meetings will be held:
- 04 April 2014 (submission deadline 26 March)
- 22 October 2014 (submission deadline 01 October)
If you have any question, please contact the KT Group at: KT-Fund@cern.ch