To stimulate the clinical translation of FLASH Therapy, Switzerland’s Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) and ISREC foundation are organising on the 15th of September 2022 a one Day Multidisciplinary Workshop gathering distinguished international experts for FLASH, and entitled :
Debates on clinical translation of FLASH radiotherapy
The workshop will provide a unique stage for debates and open round table discussions on key aspects and controversies for the clinical transfer of FLASH therapy :
- How robust and clinically meaningful is FLASH?
- What is the best clinical modality for FLASH … protons… electrons… other…?
- What are the critical FLASH parameters for clinical translation?
- What are the missing pre-clinical data for optimising FLASH clinical use?
- Is the technology ready for beam diagnostics, dosimetry and TPS?
- How to combine FLASH with high precision delivery?
The key industrial partners for FLASH therapy are supporting the meeting, providing additional opportunities for fruitful interactions among participants.
In September 2020, CERN and CHUV announced their collaboration to develop the conceptual design of an innovative radiotherapy facility that would deliver high radiation doses in milliseconds instead of minutes.